Riordan Manufacturing is a global plastics manufacturer employing 550 people with projected annual earnings of $46 million. The company is wholly owned by Riordan Industries, a Fortune 1000 enterprise with revenues in excess of $1 billion.
Its products include plastic beverage containers produced at its plant in Albany, Georgia, custom plastic parts produced at its plant in Pontiac, Michigan, and plastic fan parts produced at its facilities in Hangzhou, China. The company's research and development is done at the corporate headquarters in San Jose. Riordan's major customers are automotive parts manufacturers, aircraft manufacturers, the Department of Defense, beverage makers and bottlers, and appliance manufacturers.
- Six Sigma, leading edge R&D and exceeding ISO 9000 standards define the attitude and abilities of Riordan Manufacturing.
- We are industry leaders in using polymer materials to provide solutions to our customers challenges.
- Our R&D is, and will remain, the industry leader in identifying industry trends.
Our Customer Relationships
- We will strive to be a solution provider for our customers and not be a part of our customers challenges.
- Long-term relationships will be sought by maintaining rigorous quality controls, innovative solutions, a responsive business attitude and reasonable pricing.
- We will maintain an innovative and team oriented working environment.
- By assuring that our employees are well informed and properly supported, we will provide a climate focused on the long term viability of our company.
- We must be focused in achieving and maintaining reasonable profitability to assure that the financial and human capital is available for sustained growth.
The company was founded by Dr. Riordan, a professor of chemistry, who had obtained several patents relative to processing polymers into high tensile strength plastic substrates. Sensing the commercial applications for his patents, Dr. Riordan started Riordan Plastics, Inc. in 1991.
Initially, the company's focus was on research and development and the licensing of its existing patents, but in 1992 Dr. Riordan obtained venture capital which he used to purchase a fan manufacturing plant in Pontiac, MI. At that time, the company's name was changed to "Riordan Manufacturing, Inc." In 1993, the company expanded into the production of plastic beverage containers when it acquired a manufacturing plant in Albany, GA.
The company's most recent expansion took place in 2000 when it opened its operations in China. At that time, the entire fan manufacturing operation was moved from Michigan to China and the Pontiac, MI facility was retooled for the manufacture of custom plastic parts.